NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES (312 schools)
22. Georgetown University; 38. Boston College; 70. Fordham University; 89. Loyola University Chicago; 89. Marquette University; 96. University of San Francisco; 106. Saint Louis University
NATIONAL LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGES (233 schools)
35. College of the Holy Cross
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: North (196 schools)
1. Fairfield University; 5. Loyola University Maryland; 6. University of Scranton; 12. Saint Joseph’s University; 17. Le Moyne College; 23. Canisius College; 81. Saint Peter’s University
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: South (148 schools)*
12. Loyola University New Orleans; 38. Wheeling Jesuit University
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: Midwest (172 schools)
1. Creighton University; 4. John Carroll University; 8. Xavier University; 23. Rockhurst University; 25. University of Detroit Mercy
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: West (140 schools)
1. Santa Clara University; 3. Loyola Marymount University; 4. Gonzaga University; 8. Seattle University; 26. Regis University
Highlights from this year’s rankings:
Three of the four number one Regional Master’s universities are Jesuit institutions: Fairfield University, Santa Clara University and Creighton University. This is Creighton’s 16th consecutive #1 ranking among Regional Master’s universities in the Midwest, and the first for Santa Clara, located in the Western region.
Saint Peter’s University jumped 16 spots from 97 to 81 among Regional Master’s Universities in the North, where it also ranks the highest among schools in New Jersey.
Multiple Jesuit schools were ranked among the top 10 best colleges for veterans in each of their regions:
Canisius College (9, North), Creighton University (1, Midwest), Georgetown University (5, National), Gonzaga University (3, West), John Carroll University (3, Midwest), Le Moyne College (7, North), Loyola Marymount University (2, West), Loyola University New Orleans (7, South), Saint Joseph’s University (4, North), Santa Clara University (1, West), Seattle University (4, West), Xavier University (7, Midwest)
Multiple Jesuit schools were ranked among the 10 best colleges for undergraduate teaching in each of their regions:
Creighton University (2, Midwest), Fairfield University (4, North), Gonzaga University (1, West), Loyola Marymount University (8, West), Saint Joseph’s University (9, North), Santa Clara University (6, West), Seattle University (8, West), University of Scranton (3, North), Xavier University (4, Midwest)
September 24, 2018 — Jesuit Father Joseph T. Bennett was called to eternal life on Sept. 23, 2018. Fr. Bennett was born on Dec. 19, 1926, and entered the Jesuits at Shadowbrook in Lenox, Mass., on Aug. 14, 1944. He was ordained in June 1957 and pronounced final vows on May 4, 1989.
September 22, 2018 — Jesuit Father Thomas F. Sable was called to eternal life on Sept. 21, 2018. Fr. Sable was born on Aug. 16, 1945, and entered the Jesuits at Bellarmine College in Plattsburgh, N.Y., on July 30, 1963. He was ordained in June 1975 and pronounced final vows on Feb. 2, 1987.
Sept. 7, 2018 - In his September prayer video, Pope Francis asked us in joining him in praying for the young people in Africa. "Let us pray that young people in Africa may have access to education and work in their own countries.”
August 23, 2018 — Twenty-six Jesuit novices in Canada and the United States professed first vows of poverty, chastity and obedience this month. A novice spends two years at the novitiate for the first stage of Jesuit formation, culminating in first vows — a public profession of commitment to the Society of Jesus.