NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES (312 schools)
22. Georgetown University; 38. Boston College; 70. Fordham University; 89. Loyola University Chicago; 89. Marquette University; 96. University of San Francisco; 106. Saint Louis University
NATIONAL LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGES (233 schools)
35. College of the Holy Cross
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: North (196 schools)
1. Fairfield University; 5. Loyola University Maryland; 6. University of Scranton; 12. Saint Joseph’s University; 17. Le Moyne College; 23. Canisius College; 81. Saint Peter’s University
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: South (148 schools)*
12. Loyola University New Orleans; 38. Wheeling Jesuit University
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: Midwest (172 schools)
1. Creighton University; 4. John Carroll University; 8. Xavier University; 23. Rockhurst University; 25. University of Detroit Mercy
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: West (140 schools)
1. Santa Clara University; 3. Loyola Marymount University; 4. Gonzaga University; 8. Seattle University; 26. Regis University
Highlights from this year’s rankings:
Three of the four number one Regional Master’s universities are Jesuit institutions: Fairfield University, Santa Clara University and Creighton University. This is Creighton’s 16th consecutive #1 ranking among Regional Master’s universities in the Midwest, and the first for Santa Clara, located in the Western region.
Saint Peter’s University jumped 16 spots from 97 to 81 among Regional Master’s Universities in the North, where it also ranks the highest among schools in New Jersey.
Multiple Jesuit schools were ranked among the top 10 best colleges for veterans in each of their regions:
Canisius College (9, North), Creighton University (1, Midwest), Georgetown University (5, National), Gonzaga University (3, West), John Carroll University (3, Midwest), Le Moyne College (7, North), Loyola Marymount University (2, West), Loyola University New Orleans (7, South), Saint Joseph’s University (4, North), Santa Clara University (1, West), Seattle University (4, West), Xavier University (7, Midwest)
Multiple Jesuit schools were ranked among the 10 best colleges for undergraduate teaching in each of their regions:
Creighton University (2, Midwest), Fairfield University (4, North), Gonzaga University (1, West), Loyola Marymount University (8, West), Saint Joseph’s University (9, North), Santa Clara University (6, West), Seattle University (8, West), University of Scranton (3, North), Xavier University (4, Midwest)
May 13, 2019 - Fr. Paul J. Dugan SJ, was called to eternal life on May 11, 2019. He was born on March 20, 1924, in Buffalo, N.Y., entered the Society of Jesus on June 20, 1943, and was ordained on June 16, 1956, at Fordham University, Bronx, N.Y. He pronounced his final vows on August 15, 1959, at McQuaid Jesuit High School, Rochester, N.Y.
May 8, 2019 — Just six years after the founding of the Society of Jesus, Ignatius Loyola petitioned the pope to allow the admission of lay co-adjutors — or helpers — known more commonly as brothers. His request was approved, and brothers began to build the Society.
May 7, 2019 - In his most recent monthly prayer video, Pope Francis spoke on his May intention: The Church in Africa. "Let us pray this month that the Church in Africa, through the commitment of its members, may be the seed of unity among her peoples and a sign of hope for this continent."